Knowledge is bliss. Education brings knowledge. SRKKF values education to the extent that it has planned to utilise most of its resources in this sector. To create, nurture and disseminate knowledge, SRKKF will work in accordance with UN SDG 4, which aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
To permeate the mission across the masses, SRKKF organises several remedial education workshops targeted towards the rural segments. Our plans also cover the urban strata through advanced academic programs, personality development, counselling and skill-based training activities to groom the young generation, boost their confidence and inculcate leadership abilities which in the long run will herald ‘Knowledge for All’.
UDAAN – Towards Bright Future
The ten days program in May 2019 was aimed to provide first hand on-site professional experience to the youth of rural Gujarat and an opportunity to experience multiple career options in diverse sectors of employment through innovative, critical, inventive & practical methods, and get a live experience of the roles & responsibilities of these professions. The program was a brainchild of Shri Ajay Kumar Tomar, IPS, Gujarat State.
Under this program, the students visited corporate companies and various industries. They gained exposure to diamond manufacturing units, hospitals, IT and software companies, solar panel unit, educational institutions, textile mills, textile markets, Special Economic Zone and myriad other places of knowledge, history, spirituality, sports, pleasure and amusement.
Doyen personalities of the city comprising of doctors, professors, psychologists, career counsellors, architects and theorists were invited to establish a dialogue with the students on varied topics such as Career Choices, Personality Development, Gender Equality and Adolescent Education, Self Defense Training, Design Thinking, Decision Making & Problem Solving and Emotional Well-Being, Movies, Dramas, Theatre Education and few more. Click here for the photo gallery and Click here for the news.
1. IIM-A & SRKKF Annual Lecture Series: SRKKF has entered into an MoU with renowned IIM-A to disseminate and acknowledge the knowledge and wisdom of individuals from various fields. Initiating Annual Lecture Series, inviting prominent people to drive debate on significant social issues. The lecture series will be an important event on IIM-A’s calendar and encourage students and invitees to enter into dialogue – often about complex subjects – to address society’s challenges today.
- Professor Eric A. Hanushek delivered a session on ‘The Economic Value of School Quality’ in January 2020 at IIM-A.
- Professor Dr Partha Dasgupta delivered a talk on ‘Human Well-Being and Economic Accounting’ in January 2019 at IIM-A.
- Nobel Laureate Professor Eric S. Maskin delivered the second lecture on ‘Mechanism Design Theory’ in February 2018 at IIM-A.
- Dr Raghuram Rajan, Former Governor, Reserve Bank of India, delivered a maiden lecture in this series in December 2016 at IIM-A.
2. SRK Institute of Diamonds (SRKID): SRKKF administers SRKID, a skill development institute and a training center for workers of the diamond industry. It provides training to aspirants to make their career in the diamond industry.
3. School Empowerment Program (SEP): SRK Knowledge Foundation has adopted four Surat Municipal Corporation Schools in the vicinity of its diamond crafting facilities and is involved in the administration and pedagogy of the Schools which shapes around to three thousand five hundred young minds.
- Krantiveer Sardarsingh Rana Government School No. 113
- Saint Dongreji Maharaj Government School No. 114
- Saint Kaviyatri Panbai Government School No. 115
- Shree Madam Bhikhaiji Kama Government School No. 116
Our primary objective is to empower –
(c) Human Resource
(e) Imparting Innovative thinking – various skills
4. Research Scholarship Program(RSP): SRKKF Research Scholarship is being offered to Ph.D./Researchers in various disciplines. We encourage the scholars’ research to contribute to the nation’s development by their innovative reach. Through RSP, our objective is to offer financial and moral support to those intellectuals who aspire to contribute to the making of new India. SRKKF is associated with Veer Narmad South Gujarat University (VNSGU), Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (MSU) and Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (SVNIT) for the program.
5. Wisdom – A series of lectures: Knowledge is infinite. It cannot be restricted anywhere or with anyone. Great people share the guide and use the acquired knowledge for the welfare of humanity. SRKKF believes in respecting and acknowledging polymaths of the 21st Century. It performs the role of a bridge among scholars and individuals from society under the project ‘Wisdom – A series of lectures’ for intellectuals, academicians, thinkers, writers, creative artists, businessmen, scientists, and young entrepreneurs.
6. Distinguished PGPX Faculty Awardees: Bestowing Award to a Meritorious Teachers for his/her outstanding achievement or contribution in academics and other socially relevant areas, which may be determined by a Jury consisting of individuals of wisdom.
Prof. Saral Mukherjee
Prof Saral Mukherjee is an Associate Professor in the Production & Quantitative Methods Area at IIM-Ahmedabad. He specialises in Operations Management and is involved in research, teaching and consulting in the area of supply chain redesign, operations strategy, marketing-operations interface, managing platform businesses, inventory policies, process analysis and project management. He has been awarded the ‘Marti Mannariah Gurunath Outstanding Teacher Award’ in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. His articles were published in reputed international journals, and he designed and delivered customised training programmes for national and multinational firms. He had served as the Chairperson of the Placement Committee (2008-12) and Chairperson of IIM-Ahmedabad Case Centre (2014-16), apart from other administrative roles. He is a recipient of the SRK PGPX Faculty Award for the year 2021, 2020 and 2017.
Prof. Viswanath Pingali
Prof Viswanath Pingali is an associate professor in the economics area at IIM-A. His research interests include industrial economics, with a particular focus on healthcare and behavioural economics. His electives, game theory and applications, and experiments, deal with strategic thinking and how individuals make decisions. These electives are immensely popular with students of two-year PGP and one-year PGPX, respectively. His current research and consulting interests are in competition and competition law (including Competition Commission of India), behavioural nudges, demand estimation, and strategic decisions in pharmaceutical markets. On his excellent academic contribution, SRKKF awarded him with SRK PGPX Faculty Award for the year 2019.
Dr. Ravindra Dholakia
Dr Ravindra H. Dholakia, a faculty of economics and public systems at IIM- Ahmedabad, has more than thirty-eight years of experience in regional economic development, economic analysis and policy, international economics and health economics. His current research and consultancy interests are in demand analysis and forecasting, social cost-benefit analysis, analysis of macroeconomic environment and policy, analysis of economic growth and productivity, international trade-related issues, fiscal policy and public debt. SRKKF proudly honours him with SRK PGPX Faculty Award – 2018.
Prof. Arindam Banerjee
Prof Banerjee Arindam is an Associate Professor at IIM-A. His area of research includes econometric modelling of customer response to marketing mix variables in the context of a retail environment, using aggregated and individual level purchase data. Dr Banerjee’s current researches are Economics of Consumer Information Search, Datamining of Customer response data in Financial Services and Marketing Analytics. He was awarded as SRK PGPX Faculty Award for the year 2016.